Reference : 100120190
18 hours per week, Term-Time Only
Based in Lingfield, Surrey
Young Epilepsy is the leading national charity working exclusively to improve the lives of children and young people with epilepsy and related conditions, and is based on a beautiful campus in Lingfield, Surrey, providing world class services.
At Young Epilepsy, you will have the opportunity to work with young adults and children (aged 5 to 25 years old) with complex developmental and acquired needs, including epilepsy and autism.
The work is fascinating and the cohort varied. We have regular supervision and excellent development opportunities including aquatic therapy, rebound therapy and specialist equipment provision. Team members also participate in post-epilepsy surgery rehabilitation. Physiotherapists collaborate with local NHS services such as Orthotics and wheelchair services.
The Physiotherapy team is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our students. Our large and receptive multi-disciplinary team on campus includes OT, SLT, psychology and play therapists working across special educational, residential and therapy based environments.
What we need from you
• To be enthusiastic to work in a team to support young people with learning disabilities and complex needs in a dynamic environment.
• A pragmatic approach to problem solving in day to day practice.
• To develop your experience working with specialist equipment.
• To have a desire to home/ develop skills in the difference treatment environments including pool based therapy and Rebound therapy.
To discuss the post or arrange an informal visit, please email email@example.com
or call Recruitment on 01342 831234.
• Generous annual leave.
• Paid overtime.
• Opportunities for career progression
• Occupational pension scheme.
• On-site accommodation available
• Subsidised dining room.
• Gym membership options (on and off-site).
• Perkbox, giving you access to nationwide discounts and benefits.
• Free parking on campus.
• Comprehensive training.
We are accessible by bus, by train via the East Grinstead branch of the Oxted Line and by car and offer free parking on our campus.
For further details of these and other vacancies, please visit our website:
Closing date: 3rd February 2019.
No agencies please.
If you do not hear anything within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) will be required.
Young Epilepsy strives to employ people that reflect the community it serves; therefore, applications from minority groups and people with disabilities are particularly welcomed.
Young Epilepsy is the operating name of the National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy. Registered Charity No: 311877 (England and Wales).