The children and young people's epilepsy charity
A- A A+
Donate Shop Main Number: 01342 832243 (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm)
Helpline: 01342 831342 (Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm)
Menu

Queens of the sky!

Just days before our fabulous five were set to take to skies, they became a super six, as Sarah Nicholls from Meridian FM radio joined the team.

On Sunday, 10 July, our super six, Emily Donoghue, Rebecca Turnbull, Vicki Kennedy, Monika Skrzypczak, Jane Moss and Sarah Nicholls, were set to take it in turns to be strapped to the wing of a biplane as it took flight at the Damyns Hall Aerodrome in Essex.

Our queens of the sky were made to wait a little longer as the grey weather delayed proceedings. But eventually the plane took off with each brave challenger strapped to the top.

Read what our queens of the sky had to say about the event!

Vicki Kennedy, Director of Fundraising and External Relations, said:

What a rush! That was an incredible experience and I would recommend it to anyone thinking about ticking it off their bucket list.

Read Vicki’s story and donate

Jane Moss, Health Care Assistant at Young Epilepsy, said:

I decided to take on a WingWalk because I have done a 15,000ft skydive and I wanted to do something a bit more crazy to raise funds for Young Epilepsy. It was absolutely fantastic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of doing it. So far I have raised £630.

Read Jane’s story and donate

Monika Skrzypczak, Assistant House Manager at Young Epilepsy, said:

The WingWalk was such an exciting and amazing experience. I love taking on challenges like this as it gives you a real buzz, especially because it is for such a great cause. The money the team raised will benefit the students at Young Epilepsy where I have worked for the past 11 years. I see first-hand the effect the condition has on the children and young people I work with, they are true inspirations and I wanted to take on the WingWalk to give something back to them.

Read Rebecca’s story and donate

Young Epilepsy fundraiser and supporter, Rebecca Turnbull said:

My son inspires me everyday as he tackles every challenge life throws at him, which is why I wanted to take on this challenge for him and other children with the condition. Even my broken arm wasn’t going to stop me from my mission!

The WingWalk was a real rush, it felt absolutely amazing. It was really nice to a part of the #ComeFlyWithYE team with the other ladies and to be able to cheer eachother on.

Read Rebecca’s story and donate

Young Epilepsy fundraiser and supporter, Emily Donoghue said:

It was absolutely incredible, it was the best thing I have ever done. I said yes to the WingWalk straight away because Young Epilepsy is such an amazing cause close to my heart.

Read Emily’s story and donate

Meridian FM presenter, Sarah Nicholls said:

I had so much fun doing the WingWalk, I was a little scared at first but when I was up there it felt incredible and knowing I was doing it for such a worthy cause made it even better.

The #ComeFlyWithYE team have raised £4,255.00 so far, which will go towards purchasing new equipment for the classrooms of the new school.

Read Sarah’s story and donate

Feel brave enough? Sign-up to a WingWalk now

Share with friends

Cyber EssentialsFundraising RegulatorYoung Epilepsy is the operating name of The National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy (NCYPE).
Registered Charity number 311877 (England and Wales)

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site
EU Cookie Directive plugin by www.channeldigital.co.uk