Reference : 030420191
£44,750 per annum
37 hours per week
Fixed term up to 6 months
Based in Lingfield, Surrey
Young Epilepsy is the only UK charity dedicated to creating better lives for children and young people with epilepsy and related conditions and is based on a beautiful campus in Lingfield, Surrey, providing world class services.
Working under the leadership of the Head of Residential Care, you will be responsible for the delivery, maintenance and development of care across the adult’s residential accommodation on campus. On a day-to-day basis, you will provide an effective and efficient service that meets all compliance tests for the residential houses, and ensures that wellbeing and interests of the students is of paramount importance. You will also be responsible for the oversight of the delivery of regulated standards set by the Care Quality Commission, with a view to maintaining/improving on the current ‘good rating’.
What we need from you
• Relevant professional qualification
• Proven leadership/management skills
• Experience of working young people with a wide range of complex/multiple learning difficulties
• Previously worked at a Registered Managers level within Adults Services
• First class communication and organisational skills
• Thorough understanding of safeguarding issues and the CQC framework, standards and practices
• Generous annual leave.
• Paid overtime.
• Opportunities for career progression
• Occupational pension scheme.
• On-site accommodation available
• Subsidised dining room.
• Gym membership options (on and off-site).
• Perkbox, giving you access to nationwide discounts and benefits.
• Free parking on campus.
• Comprehensive training.
We are accessible by bus, by train via the East Grinstead branch of the Oxted Line and by car and offer free parking on our campus.
For further details of these and other vacancies, please visit our website:
Closing date: 24th April 2019.
No agencies please.
If you do not hear anything within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Young Epilepsy strives to employ people that reflect the community it serves; therefore, applications from minority groups and people with disabilities are particularly welcomed.
Young Epilepsy is the operating name of the National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy. Registered Charity No: 311877 (England and Wales).