Registering with a doctor | Managing your epilepsy | Support at university and further education | For young people

Registering with a doctor

If you’re moving away from home, make sure you register with a local GP. You will then be able to access health services easily and quickly should you need them.

They may want to see you straight away to ensure your health and medication are all in order before starting your course.


We can provide further help and advice if you are going to college or university. For a private, confidential talk, please call us on 01342 831342 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Helpline: 01342 831342 (Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm)
Star Icon

Star Fact!

Around 3% of people with epilepsy are photosensitive, which means their seizures are brought on by flashing lights.

Like us on Facebook

Cyber EssentialsFundraising RegulatorYoung Epilepsy is the operating name of The National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy Charitable Trust.
Registered Charity number 311877 (England and Wales)

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site
EU Cookie Directive plugin by