Life in higher education | Support at university and further education | For young people

Life in higher education

Whether you are heading off to university or college or leaving home for good, you will need to consider many of the same issues.

The process can be made much easier by planning properly, getting organised and giving yourself plenty of time.

The National Union of Students (NUS) is also a great source of information and can offer help and advice on finances, accommodation, landlords and safety.

Moving to university or college usually involves meeting new housemates and making new friends. Telling new people about your epilepsy can...

Read more

Going out, clubbing and drinking can be a large part of university and college social life for some people. Having epilepsy...

Read more

Student life often includes a few late nights spent either studying or partying. For many people, tiredness is a seizure trigger,...

Read more

As of March 2013, the law in England, Wales and Scotland states that if you have epilepsy, you will be considered...

Read more

Helpline: 01342 831342 (Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm)
Star Icon

Star Fact!

There are at least 40 different seizure types and people may have one or several different seizure types.

Like us on Facebook

Cyber EssentialsFundraising RegulatorYoung Epilepsy is the operating name of The National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy Charitable Trust.
Registered Charity number 311877 (England and Wales)

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site
EU Cookie Directive plugin by