Salary: Salary M1 – M3 plus SEN Allowance
Hours: 1,265 hours per year, Term-Time Only
Location: Based in St Piers School, Lingfield, Surrey
Closing date: Sunday, 15 December 2019
Young Epilepsy is the only UK charity dedicated to creating better lives for children and young people with epilepsy and related conditions and is based on a beautiful campus in Lingfield, Surrey, providing world class services.
In this role, you will be responsible for the teaching and pastoral care of a class group as well as being the specialist subject teacher in physical education. You will monitor the progress of students, assessing and adapting their targets and criteria accordingly to ensure that they are supported to be able to reach their full potential.
What we need from you
• Qualified NQT/QTS status or equivalent and experience of teaching in a mainstream or special school.
• Experience of planning and delivering programmes of learning within and special educational needs environment.
• Excellent communication skills and adaptability to be able to engage with different audiences.
• Flexibility to the needs of the role and the school and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Generous annual leave.
• Opportunities for career progression
• Occupational pension scheme.
• On-site accommodation available.
• Subsidised dining room.
• Gym membership options (on and off-site).
• Perkbox, giving you access to nationwide discounts and benefits.
• Free parking on campus.
• Comprehensive training.
We are accessible by bus, by train via the East Grinstead branch of the Oxted Line and by car and offer free parking on our campus.
For further details of these and other vacancies, please visit our website:
*Please note that at least one reference will be taken up prior to interview.
Closing date: 15th December 2019.
No agencies please.
If you do not hear anything within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Young Epilepsy strives to employ people that reflect the community it serves; therefore, applications from minority groups and people with disabilities are particularly welcomed.
Young Epilepsy is the operating name of the National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy. Registered Charity No: 311877 (England and Wales).