Pancake day – Nut free pancake recipe
To celebrate Pancake Day, we are sharing a nut free pancake recipe from Matthews Friends.
Matthews Friends is a charity and clinic that are located on the Young Epilepsy campus and specialise in Ketogenic dietary therapies for epilepsy.
This recipe has been given the ‘tried and tested’ stamp, meaning the recipe has been through the keto kitchen and tested by one of the chefs at Matthews Friends to make sure that it works and is suitable for you to try at home.
To make your tasty nut free pancake, please follow the steps below:
- 20g FiberFlour – www.lowcarbmegastore.com
- 29g Eggs
- 8g Sunflower oil
- 34g Double cream - Morrison’s
- 2g Blueberries
- 3g Raspberries
You will also need 20mls of cold water, some Joseph’s sugar free maple syrup to serve or any sugar free syrup of your choice.
- Cut the fruit and reserve
- Reserve 20g of the cream
- Beat together the egg, 14g cream and 20mls of cold water
- Mix in the fiberflour and let it stand for a few minutes
- Heat ½ the oil in a small frying pan, when it is hot pour in ½ the batter, leave it to cook until it is browned then turn to cook the other side
- Repeat this with the remaining oil and batter
- Serve with the reserved cream, fruit and syrup
This recipe will need to be adapted to each individual prescription.
The Ketogenic diet is not effective for everyone and should only be undertaken with medical experts advice. For more information, please visit Matthews Friends by the link below.