We also offer a tailored one-day childhood epilepsy training course at your work or at a suitable venue.
Trainers are highly experienced with specialist knowledge from working at Young Epilepsy. Course content is tailored to your needs, depending on the level of knowledge already in the group.
Courses will help you better support the children and young people you work with who have epilepsy, as well as provide you with greater knowledge and management of seizures.
Choose your training topic:
- Epilepsy Basics - what epilepsy is, causes and diagnosis
- Seizures - types and triggers
- Treatment of epilepsy - medication and alternative treatments
- Seizure management and emergency basics
- Emergency treatments
- Epilepsy syndromes
- Misdiagnosis of epilepsy
- Epilepsy and the family
- Psychosocial implications of epilepsy
- Epilepsy and learning, support strategies for children with epilepsy
Emergency medication training:
We also offer a full day Emergency Medication course which includes a 45 minute written assessment to test knowledge and understanding on the administration of emergency medication.
A certificate of learning will be issued to delegates who pass this assessment. This is not an assessment of competency, which needs to be undertaken by the employer. The training course also covers:
- Epilepsy basics
- Seizure management
- Psychosocial aspects
- Emergency treatments with practical
- Health and safety
A half day Emergency Medication refresher course is also available if you have previously received training from Young Epilepsy.